Before you buy Cyclosporine Eye Drops online
What is Cyclosporine?
Cyclosporine(brand names:"Restasis" and "Hydroeye") is used to treat keratoconjunctivitis. These drops produce anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects. Thus, this implement fits the clutch of prescriptions that are used to guard and to treat the cornea.
Is It For Me?
Most habitually, the syndrome of "dry eye" occurs in persons who occupy most of their time at the computer. If you sense soreness and aridity of the eyes do not hurry to run to the pharmacy and buy such medication as "Restasis" or "Hydroeye".It is better to consult a doctor. Both these drops are a strong preparation that requires a recommendation from the specialist. Also, the remedy has the following contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to cyclosporine and auxiliary substances within the drug;
- acute infectious diseases of the eye;
- children's age.
How do I choose the right dosage?
One drop filled into the conjunctival pouch twice a day with an interval of 12 hours. Before usage, you need to shake the bottle several times until a homogeneous emulsion will be opaque white. The used container must be immediately settled.
How do I take Cyclosporine?
- The emulsion contained in one bottle is for individual usage and should be used immediately after opening – the drops are dropped into the both eyes. You must avoid touching the jug slant to the eye or any surface to remove the prospect of contamination of its contents.
- Do not practice drops if you are using contact lenses. The patients with the reduced production of tears are not suggested using it. If the lens is used, it must be removed before application of the emulsion. Again the lenses can be returned in 15 minutes after drug administration.
What are the mechanisms behind Cyclosporine?
Cyclosporine is a substance that promotes immunosuppressive action with systemic administration. In the patients with dry keratoconjunctivitis, the emulsion of Cyclosporine acts partly as an immunomodulator.
What is Cyclosporine uptake time?
Drops containing Cyclosporine should be filled twice a day with an interval of 12 hours. Therefore, it is better to use the drug in the morning and in the evening. The natural measure of "Restasis" is 1 drop in each eye.
How efficient is Cyclosporine?
Ophthalmic liquid helps increase the natural capability of the eyes to produce tears, which may be reduced by inflammation. 8 out of 10 people noted the positive effect after a month using the drug.
Does Cyclosporine have any side effects?
During practising the drug "Restasis" most frequently (in 16% of cases) was noticed burning sensation of the affected eye. In 1-5% of cases were reported the following side effects:
- hyperemia of the conjunctiva of the eye;
- expulsion from the eye;
- the feeling of the foreign body in the eye;
- blurred vision;
- allergic reactions.
Any essential tips on Cyclosporine use?
- It is worth remembering about a possibility of a short-term deterioration of vision immediately after administration of the remedy, in this regard, the patients need to pause for a while to restore vision before they will start to drive a vehicle or operate other mechanisms.
- With caution should be used the drug by people who have diseases of the kidneys and liver because the usage of this medication in such patients has not been considered.
- Also, the drops are not allowed to use by pregnant women and children.